We are preparing for a healthy challenge, but not just any healthy challenge, Marysville’s fifth annual Healthy Communities Challenge Day! It will be a day to get out of the rut and challenge yourself to make healthier choices.
Whether you are local to the Seattle area or are somewhere else in the world you too can participate. It is all about taking the time to make some of the decisions in your life healthier ones!
– Get more sleep! 9 hours of sleep per night is recommended
– Incorporate more fruits and veggies into your diet. (5 servings per day – organic when possible)
– Reduce your “screen” time and get social! Visit with a friend, play a game, have some fun!
– Exercise (walk, run, hike, play with the kids, you get the idea…)
– Eliminate the use or consumption of tobacco products or sugary drinks
Your healthy challenge doesn’t just have to be focused on personal health it can also include ways to improve the health of our environment. You can:
– Recycle. So many things are recyclable these days. By recycling you will greatly reduce your amount of waste.
– Collect rainwater. Use it to water your houseplants, garden or flower beds.
– Carpool. Save gas, money and time.
– Choose eco-friendly cleaning products and reduce toxins from the air and waste water.
And our favorite. (wink, wink)
– Use chlorine-free feminine hygiene products, or try products like menstrual cups or cloth pads. Your body AND the environment will thank you! If you haven’t already, we encourage you to poke around our site, we’ve got plenty of information to help educate you on the benefits of these products. And if you’ve still got questions, we’ve got answers! You can check out our community forum, PeriodTalk, for a little Q&A or you can contact us directly.
So here’s the challenge! If you’re local to the area, stop by this high energy family event and say hi (after all it’s FREE!). There will be live entertainment, health screenings, fun activities like rock climbing, hula hooping, bungee runs and great informative booths (like ours!) We have our own special booth event, plus we’ll be giving away some free samples thanks to our friends at Maxim Hygiene and Softcup. The event is tomorrow, June 1, 2013 from 10am – 2pm (Allen Creek – 6505 60th Dr NE, Marysville, WA 98270)
Not in the Seattle area, no problem, hold your own Healthy Challenge Day! You can take an active roll in your health, by making the simple choice to take action, they key is getting started. Simply pick a day, and choose to implement one of the ideas we listed above (or search out your own ways). There’s no need to tackle them all at once. Celebrate small successes, after you incorporate one idea, choose another and repeat! It really is that easy!
Wishing you much success on your path to a healthier life!