Among the menstruating women, a painful menstruation or menstrual cramps are quite common. Medically this problem is termed as Dysmenorrhea. Mainly younger women experience this painful menstrual cramp. Usually this symptom gradually subsides after pregnancy or with the older age. For some women these menstrual cramps may be severe, while many women may not even experience this pain at all throughout their fertility period. Usually this painful cramp starts before 2-3 days prior to menstruation and gradually subsides in 1-2 days after periods.
Some of the important symptoms of this painful menstruation are varying degrees of pain in the abdominal and pelvic area during the periods; other symptoms include vomiting, nausea, loose motion and also dizziness. These are the symptoms which accompany painful menstruation.
Some of the important causes of menstrual cramps are release of the hormone prostaglandins. It helps in the contraction of uterus which in turn shed the endometrial lining. Usually the symptoms of menstrual cramps are severe in the initial days of starting periods and decreases with aging.
Some of the secondary causes which result in the painful menstruation are depression, stress and anxiety. Sometimes due to the problem of cysts and fibroids in the uterus and ovaries and some other inflammatory pelvic diseases, the problem of secondary dysmenorrheal arises.
The problem of menstrual pains can be easily treated with the help of some effective and helpful natural remedies. This condition of menstrual cramps is not an abnormal condition and it can be easily reduced to a great extent by following some of the natural remedies.
1. Tea prepared from the root of ginger is very effective in reducing the problem of menstrual cramps. You can prepare this tea by adding few pieces of ginger root in a cup of water and the simmer it for about ten minutes. Strain the solution and drink this solution by adding little honey.
2. Increase the intake of diet enriched with magnesium, calcium and with vitamin B. Calcium is very effective in reducing or preventing cramps as well as for toning muscles. You can also drink a cup of milk during periods to avoid or to get relief from cramps.
3. You can also apply heating pads on the lower abdomen. It reduces the pain gradually.
4. You can also drink a tea prepared from the herb Chamomile. This herb is very helpful and effective in reducing the problem of menstrual cramps.
5. You can also try herbal treatment Gynecure capsules to treat painful menses.
Read about Irregular Menstruation Treatment. Also know Painful Menstruation Treatment.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dr_Easton_Patrick